CPS 25th AGM 2nd December 2017 at 11 a.m. Hastingleigh
You are warmly invited to our 25th AGM and Christmas Party to celebrate the close of our highly successful 25th Anniversary year. It’s a lovely time to catch up with existing members; welcome new members; bring yourself up to date with news (and gossip), relax and enjoy yourself with good food and festivities. Feel free to bring your singing voice!
Full details and documentation are on the CPS website: www.cinqueportsscribes.org.uk
If you are on email you will not be sent hard copy versions.
The documents to be found on this website required for the AGM are as follows:
- 2017 agenda (25th AGM)
- Minutes of the 24th AGM of Cinque Ports Scribes
- CPS Mem_Sub Form 2018 (£15 per annum)
- CPS Workshop Details + Booking Form 2018 (2)
- NOMINATION OF OFFICERS 2017 -2018
Chair (annual appointment) : Steve Eades – willing to be re-elected
Steve had a ‘baptism of fire’ as our new chair this year with a highly successful Regional Day organised on 23rd September 2017. He has led us very ably with new ideas, fervour and commitment
Treasurer (annual appointment): Naoko Munro – willing to be elected
Naoko has done a superb job especially with the additional finances involved with the Regional Day.
Secretary (annual appointment) : Janet Adkin – standing down
Janet has been on the Committee since 2009, quickly taking on the role of Membership secretary and then Secretary in 2011. We shall be very sorry to see her go.
Workshop Coordinator (2 year appointment) : Meg Chapman – willing to be re-elected
Membership Secretary (2 year appointment) : Sue Corbett – willing to be re-elected
General Committee member (2 year appointment) – Rosie Griggs – willing to be re-elected
Envelope Exchange (non elective appointment) – Rosie Griggs
Newsletter Editor (non elective appointment)
If you feel you have skills to offer (e.g. an understanding of I.T., creative flair, communications experience – or just enthusiasm) please don’t be shy and bring a completed ‘Nomination for Committee’ form. All committee members will be happy to discuss any of the roles you might be interested in, even in a job share arrangement; alternatively written Job Descriptions are available on the website.
We would value your help in helping to set up and clear the hall at the end of the meeting, which we aim to end at 3.30 p.m. this year.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday 2nd December. If you are unable to download any forms/papers, please contact me and I’ll email them as separate items (email@example.com).
- Exhibition of members’ work – bring any of your work to show or sell. Make sure you label each piece with your name and title of work + price if work is for sale.
- 2017 Envelope Exchange work – some fantastic pieces this year, displayed by Rosie
- Bring and Buy table – bring anything you wish to sell – books, art materials, homemade jams, anything calligraphic or not. Don’t forget to put a price required in order to make this a simple process.
- Christmas Raffle – Sue Corbett makes a great show of gifts to be won. If you have anything to donate, please contact Sue on firstname.lastname@example.org
- CPS 2018 calendars (£10 each) A specially commissioned calendar of medieval initials organised by Julia Baxter for Regional Day. Pre-order forms are on the website or contact Julia on email@example.com as soon as possible to ensure time for delivery before the AGM. You can collect your order at the AGM.
- Your copy of the winter CPS Newsletter- bumper edition to encompass the special events held during our 25th Anniversary year.
- Christmas card design competition. This delightful feature has grown over the last few years bringing a huge variety of designs to the table (literally). Bring a design of your own to add to the bunch then join all the members to vote for your favourite during the lunch break. The winning design is emailed from CPS to our calligraphic friends worldwide.
- CPS and Augusto Fiorani Libraries. Shirley Davison and Els van den Steen run these libraries are offering a book amnesty for those of us who have secreted them away and forgotten to return.
- Food glorious food! Please would every member bring something savoury to share. Committee members bring puds and soft drinks. We have the use of a microwave if needed, but please note there is limited oven space and time is usually against us. Tea and coffee will be on tap as usual.
- Speaker. For those of us who weren’t able to attend the Regional Day, this is a superb opportunity to hear Dr Janina Ramirez’ spirited, enthusiastic and knowledgeable talk. For those of us who were there it’s an ideal time to catch up an re-live the moment.
With best wishes
BRIEF REMINDER OF WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE AGM:
Completed Membership form +£15
Nomination for any committee post (this can be yourself or another providing they agree)
Work you wish to display (labelled)
Goods – calligraphic or not – you would like to sell (labeled)
Savoury food to share (Committee members bring puds)
Money to buy goodies on sale
Your Christmas card design/s for the competition
Completed Workshop booking form + money/cheque (If you cannot attend the AGM, post these to Meg Chapman, 9 North View, Maidstone, Kent ME15 7UE, to arrive by Friday 1st December at the latest.)
Workshop allocation will be the same as last year – the new committee will meet immediately after the AGM to go through workshop forms and you will be notified of the outcome at the beginning of 2018.