The Cinque Ports Scribes run workshops on calligraphy and associated skills with a mix of internal and external tutors including some of the very best known calligraphers.
- Please note that bookings for our workshops are only accepted through completion of the appropriate booking form, available on the downloads page:
- Our workshops are open to members and non-members, with a two tiered pricing structure.
- Membership is only £18.00 for 2020 and gives preferential prices for workshops and priority booking if booked before 1st January each year, also available on the downloads page.
- First workshop with CPS? Here’s a Workshop Introduction to help you along
- In addition to workshop fees you should expect to obtain equipment for workshops as necessary. Occasionally CPS are able to buy in bulk and pass on savings this way
4th April, Diploma Preparation, Marion McKenzie
18th April, Monochromatic Magic, Jan Pickett
9th May, Simple Printing, Sue Smith
5th-7th June, Hierarchy of Scripts, Gemma Black
4th July, Copperplate, Joy Daniels
25th July, Summer Social
15th-16th August, Ruling Pen, Rachel Yallop
19th September, Rotunda, Peter Halliday
17th October, Monograms and Logos, Julia Baxter
14th November, Japanese Box Making, Tony Woodhams
5th December, AGM
If a workshop is listed as being FULL, we are happy to take names on a reserve list, so if you’re interested please let us know.
Please could all workshop attendees arrive in plenty of time to help set up the hall, and stay behind to help clear up.
Refreshments are provided in all workshops, but please remember to bring your own lunch.
All workshops must be paid for in advance.
Cancellations: refunds are only available if we are able to fill your space. Sorry, but we still have to pay the tutor and venue.
Please also see notes on the booking form.
Unless specified elsewhere The Cinque Ports Scribes hold our events at our Hastingleigh venue
Evington Village Hall
(OS Map Reference TR099450)
Evington Hall is situated in a rural position, reached only by narrow, often single-track roads. Unless familiar with the area, visitors are advised to use the A28 Ashford to Canterbury Road, turn eastward to Wye and then follow the signposts to Hastingleigh (about 4 miles)