Saturday 30th March 2019 (10am – 4pm)
Tutor: Ann Roach
£25 members / £30 non-members
Suitable for: All levels
How to mix it, control it and make it work for you
During this course we will be guided through the theory of colour; exploring the differences between colours and their effect on each other; how to mix, adapt and control paint to create colours; matching colour to any object eg flower. We will be shown how to use paints such as watercolour, gouache and acrylic, according to the wish of the individual.
You will need:
- Cadmium red (an orangey red) + Crimson (violet red)
- Cadmium yellow (orangey yellow) + Lemon yellow (greeny yellow)
- Ultramarine blue (violet blue) + Prussian blue (greeny blue)
- Designer Gouache – white
- Cartridge paper
- Watercolour paper
- Brushes with a point
- Water jars.
- Kitchen roll.
- Paint palette or white plate.
- Small jars would be useful to take mixed paints home with you.
If you have them, the following would be useful :
- Permanent Rose (violet pink)
- Cerulean blue (light turquoisey blue)
- Burnt Sienna (reddy brown for mixing darks)
Colours may be given slightly different names depending on the manufacturer but as long as hues of the description are given, results can be achieved.
Always buy the best you can afford – better to buy the basics in Artist quality than a huge set of Student quality.