ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AND SOCIAL
Saturday 1st December 2018
Evington Hall, Hastingleigh, Ashford, TN25 5HR – 11.00 to 15.00
The meeting is open to all members and their guest, although the guest cannot vote in any of the AGM business.
SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER – JAN PICKETT
Celebrated Calligrapher, Jan Pickett FCLAS, FSSI, joins us to talk about her Calligraphic journey.
Her talk begins with the line “and it all began with a few letters” and describes her progress to become one of the finest practitioners of the art in the country. Jan’s work is innovative and inspirational.
Jan is an engaging and entertaining speaker and we urge as many members as possible to join us.
Jan will speak from about 1.30 pm.
- The Annual General Meeting where the formal business of the group is decided, and Officers elected.
- Exhibition of members’ work– bring any of your work to show or sell. Finished or in progress and examples from workshops. Make sure you label each piece with your name and title of work + price if work is for sale. Come on, don’t be shy – let’s see what you have been up to this year?
- On display will be the amazing Rosette of Sonnets produced by CPS Calligraphers for Penshurst Place.
- 2018 Envelope Exchange work – some fantastic examples this year, displayed by Rosie
- Bring and Buy table – bring anything you wish to sell – books, art materials, homemade jams, anything calligraphic or not. Don’t forget to price items to make this a simple process. 10% of sales goes to CPS.
- Christmas Raffle – As usual Sue Corbett makes a great show of gifts to be won. If you have anything to donate, please contact Sue on email@example.com or bring it along on the day.
- CPS 2019 calendars (£10 each) A specially commissioned calendar of Adolf Bernd painted letters organised by Julia Baxter. Pre-order forms are on the website or contact Julia on firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to ensure time for delivery before the AGM. You can collect your order at the AGM.
- Receive your copy of the Christmas CPS Newsletter – a bumper edition to encompass the special events and workshops held during the year.
- CPS and Augusto Fiorani Libraries. Books for sale, to borrow (and return)
- Food glorious food! Please would every member bring something savoury to share. Committee members bring puddings and soft drinks. We have the use of a microwave if needed, but please note there is limited oven space and time is usually against us. Tea, coffee and Mulled Wine will be on tap as usual.
- Christmas card design competition. This delightful feature has grown over the last few years bringing a huge variety of designs to the table (literally). Bring a design of your own to add to the bunch then join all the members to vote for your favourite during the lunch break. The winning design is emailed from CPS to our calligraphic friends worldwide.
VOTING PAPERS FOR NOMINATIONS OF OFFICERS, MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL FORMS AND WORKSHOP BOOKINGS WILL SOON BE AVAILABLE ONLINE AT THE CPS WEBSITE