Membership is open to anyone with an interest in Calligraphy and the Lettering arts, particularly those living in Kent and the South East.
Membership for 2018 is £15.00, benefits include:
- Twice yearly full colour newsletters
- Occasional news sheets or emailed interim newsletters
- Regular workshops run by professional calligraphers*
- Preferential rates and priority booking for workshops*
- Opportunity to display your work in CPS exhibitions*
- Free access to our extensive library of books, DVDs, videos, etc
- News of calligraphic events
- Occasional visits to exhibitions and places of interest*
- Envelope exchange to put your calligraphy skills in to practice.
- Commission requests forwarded by email
- Members who are tutors may advertise their regular classes on the website.
* extra costs involved
Updated: Download the Membership 2018 subscription form from the events page.
The Cinque Ports Scribes run workshops on calligraphy and associated skills with a mix of internal and external tutors including some of the very best known calligraphers.
Our workshops are open to members and non-members, with a two tiered pricing structure.
There is a maximum number of 18 students on most workshops.
Workshops need to be booked and paid for in advance using the workshop booking form (not yet uploaded).
Priority for pre-booking workshop places go to CPS members up to 1st January, after which non members are able to book spaces.
In addition to workshop fees you should expect to obtain equipment for workshops as necessary. Occasionally CPS are able to buy in bulk and pass on savings this way